Now Online, learn at your own pace. There is a lot going on when it comes to Visual ERP’s inventory. The course will reveal how Visual works not just from the front-end but in the background, at a table level. We will look at the different types of transactions and how they are accounted for. We will also dig into the Inventory Reports and Visual Cost Layers. Downloadable detailed documentation and access to videos included for each lesson.
We have 2 key objectives: to uncover the mysteries of how Visual ERP works and to provide you the tools you need to reconcile the Inventory report to the General Ledger.
Lesson 1 Manufacturing Foundation for Costing Accounting
- How and when costs are updated
- How the journals are created
- Where Visual looks in GL accounts
- What exactly does costing utilities do
- What the costing settings are & how they impact creation of the journals & subledgers
- Bonus QRP: Modified reports for GL Postings and Gross Profit Reports from Post Manufacturing Journals
Lesson 2 General Ledger Accuracy
- Ensuring the General Ledger accounts are assigned properly in Visual’s maintenance tables
- Finding incorrect postings to the inventory accounts- learn how to fix them without making General Journal Entries
- Checking the different places where users sometime inadvertently use an inventory account
- Bonus: Script to allow you to focus in on the problems
Lesson 3 Inventory Reports
- Review of the different Inventory reports in Visual ERP including the logic on each of the reports
- Methods for reconciling the reports
- Process for finding missing or extra layers. Then method to fix them.
- Bonus QRP: 2 modified Inventory Reports to provide additional information & even save paper
Lessons 4 & 5 Inventory Cost Layers
- Review of Visual cost reports and how to run them to find problem transactions
- Includes detailed flowcharts on how to interpret and how to fix
- Series of queries to find the problem transactions quickly with the recommended solution for each scenario
- Impact of negative inventory on cost layers
- Bonus QRP’s: Cost Distribution and PO Accrual Analysis with extra data. Gives that little bit of extra data to fill in the blanks
Lesson 6 Work Order Cost Layers
- Review cost layers for Work in Process
- How does Visual deal with partially completed work orders?
- Causes of negative costs in work orders and how to fix
- Some common situations when splitting work orders
- Use of Co-Products and impact on costs
Lessons 7 & 8 Cost Analysis Tools
- How to turn Costing Tools into your friend
- Running the Tools for 6 different journal types. We even take you down to the table level
- How to fix when setting the Posting Candidate doesn’t do the trick
After taking the course you will have:
- A better understanding of how Visual ERP works from amount and account standpoint.
- A set of tools to look for inventory reconciliation issues, whether it is improper General Ledger postings or cost layer problems. You will be equipped with the tools to find them and fix them.
One Time Tuition Fee CAD
This is an extensive and well-detailed step-by-step course that will most definitely strengthen your Visual ERP skills.