Reflecting upon the recent US Thanksgiving holiday, I thought about Black Friday sales and how Visual could do that with their price effectivity dates. Then, Cyber Monday – more sales. However, the real essence of my thinking is how grateful I am for Visual ERP. Here’s my top 7.
- I am grateful to Dick Lilly for creating such a program almost 25 years ago, and that it still withstands the test of time. It’s a great testament to a sound base from which the program has expanded over the years.
- The power & the flexibility of Visual ERP. There are so many options available and so many manufacturing businesses that it can help – from snow brushes to packaging to things that fly into space.
- The logical table names. If you want to look at the Chart of Accounts, it’s in the ACCOUNT table. Accounts receivable are in the RECEIVABLE tables. Makes it pretty easy for a non-technical person to find what they’re looking for.
- The ability to link into the database to create reports. There are lots of different reporting tools available but I prefer Excel. What can I say, I’m an accountant! I always get excited when I’m able to create a report that will help a client by either speeding up their job or providing more useful information.
- I get to work with smart people. My clients, other consultants, the INFOR Visual help desk, and behind the scenes, the programmers. They have my utmost respect and gratitude.
- The frequent gifts of new features and functions. I do like presents, who doesn’t?
- Most of all, I am extremely grateful that I get to spend my days (and some of my nights) doing what I love and making my clients’ work easier – now that is something to be grateful for.
Kim Worrall is a CPA, CA with over 30 years of business consulting and financial management experience. Kim has been consulting with Visual ERP for over 20 years. She knows the tables like the back of her hand – something to do with her excitement over solving number problems. Kim’s love of numbers has made her the go to person for solving complex issues within Visual ERP.