Under the Covers with Visual ERP Using MS Excel Query
______September 2019 June 2018 November 2016
k June 2016 September 2015
NEW – Five 2 Hours Sessions In August 2020
Due to the nature of the progressive learning of this course, you will need to sign up for all 5 sessions. There is one exception. If you have taken this course before and want a refresher, then you can take one session.
LESSON 1 – The Foundation – August 11
- Basics of querying in Visual by using browsing and query tool.
- Introduction to Tables & Field Names including a cheat sheet for the most common financial tables.
- Visual Data Dictionary provided as an Excel spreadsheet. Makes it easy to search and find what you are looking for.
LESSON 2 – Basic Report Design – August 12
- Required Tools
- Report Design
- Basic Queries: 1 and 2 tables
LESSON 3 – Training Wheels Are Off – August 13
- Creating More Complex Reports
- Adding More Tables
- Using More Functions
LESSON 4 – Elite Performance – August 18
- Working with Existing Queries.
- Keeping Your Data Clean with Audits. We will give you 20 predefined queries that you can link to your database.
- Enhancing Queries with Excel Functions
LESSON 5 – More Power – August 19
- Multiple criteria
- Outer Joins
- Excel summary & lookup functions to beef up your query results
Sign up for All 5 Sessions and you will get:
- Electronic listing of All Visual tables and columns
- BTB Audit Report card that contains 20 queries
- Query of the Month for 1 year. That’s 12 more queries to look for things that could cause problems within your database.
- A 1 hour 1-on-1 call to go over specific reports that you are working on.
Price: $1,000 for 5 Sessions
Lesson Times: 1:30 to 3:30 PM EST each date above
“I’ve been able to save a whole day in my month-end by creating queries versus downloading reports and manipulating in Excel … best money I have ever spent on training … changed my life!!!” DG -VP Finance, Assa Abloy
This hands-on, one-day course will educate you on how to use the MS Query tool in your Visual database to get the information you need fast and efficiently, thereby eliminating the need for multiple daily/weekly reports. Imagine, one click, and the Inventory Balance Report appears! Best news is, once you build the query, it’s refreshable for repeated use in Visual to obtain all manner of data!
In an open forum of idea sharing with other Visual users, you will:
- Build at least 2 queries of your choice specifically for your database.
- Connect to two time-saving queries already built by Kim for your continued use, your Month-end Inventory Balance & Month-end WIP Balance, complete with some extra “treats” designed to ensure data reliability
You will learn …
- How to get the answers you need by connecting the multiple tables storing the data from your favourite Visual windows
- To enhance the data pulled from Visual through the use of criteria & sorting
- The 5 most common pitfalls to avoid when creating those queries & reports
- How to use Excel functions (lookups, sumif & pivot tables) to effectively up-level your Visual data skills
You will take away …
- Our detailed manual with over 50 pages full of instructions
- 20 queries that have a proven track record of keeping your data accurate- all you need to do is connect them to your database
- A 1-year membership to the Query of the Month Club where you will receive unique & useful queries
- The Electronic Data Dictionary for identification of the most commonly used Visual tables
- Balance queries for month-end processing
- A deeper & more effective working knowledge of how best to maximize the capabilities of your Visual ERP software
After the workshop:
- You’ll continue to benefit from subsequent support for questions or troubleshooting
- Each company will be gifted a personal, 60-minute, one-on-one coaching call with Kim to seek help on any Visual ERP aspect
Who should attend?
Users of any version of Visual’s Enterprise. Specifically:
- Accounting Managers
- Assistant Controllers
- VP’s of Finance
- Business Owners
- Anyone wanting to know more about Visual Financials
I am Kim Worrall, Visual Application Specialist and strong believer in the 3 C’s of Visual ERP Enlightenment
Consulting, Courses, and Communication
Nothing is more satisfying then being able to immediately get to the data you need for the answers you want. Add in Excel, a tool, we know and love, and we are going to have so much fun!
I go Back To Basics to Transform Visual Users into Visual Enthusers Learn to love it as much as I do!
Kim likes to share with her monthly Visual ERP Tips & Trips and monthly Blogs on all topics Visual. Her life’s objective is “To help others Love Visual as much as she does”.