Visual’s Actual Costing – Reporting, Recording and Reconciling
(2 day Course) – March 25 & 26, 2020 at the Rattlesnake Point in Milton, ON.
v N April 2016 November 2016 September 2018
M March 2019 June 2019
Investing in INFOR Visual ERP software without taking advantage of its potential to revolutionize reconciliation …
… is like only using your Lamborghini Roadster to drive around the block.
In this rewarding workshop, Kim Worrall, our INFOR systems success accelerator helps you harness all that hidden ERP “horsepower” to discover exactly what your data is actually doing for you.
Build your confidence in interpreting those magic numbers!
Won’t you look savvy to your superiors when you can positively pinpoint what’s profitable!
It’s time to get into that ERP driver’s seat and steer your way to success. Join our Systems Superstar in Milton, ON for this illuminating 2-day workshop.
Yes, eager participants, it’s time to play Visual Hide & Seek: Inventory Reconciliation with Infor Visual ERP.
- Ever had to explain the costs in Visual, but couldn’t determine their source?
- What about the GL accounts?
- Your inventory accounts, ever had trouble reconciling those?
If you answered, “YES!”, this training is for you!
In this hands-on, two-day experience, using a test database, you can effectively learn all the concepts in a safe environment.
“Great class! Learned a lot about inventory costs, auditing and, most importantly, how to correct potential problems. Appreciate the audit tools and month end checklist. Loved learning the query tools, how to look up what items in which tables. Also … great tips along the way in discussions and others’ examples.” K .K. -Senior Staff Accountant, Sun Nuclear
Why attend? You will learn …
- The building blocks behind Visual’s costing component
- How and when costs are updated
- How the journals are created
- Where Visual looks in GL accounts
- What exactly does costing utilities do
- What the costing settings are & how they impact creation of the journals & subledgers
- Visual’s 9 inventory audit tools
- How & when to run them
- What each report is telling you –
- Step-by-step solutions for fixing your exceptions
- General Ledger Accuracy
- Ensuring the General Ledger accounts are assigned properly in Visual’s maintenance tables
- Finding incorrect postings to the inventory accounts- learning how to fix them without making General Journal Entries
- Checking the 5 different places where users sometime inadvertently use an inventory account
- Running Cost Analysis Tools to find missed postings
- Inventory Reports
- How to ensure your inventory balance report is accurate -troubleshooting 7 potential problems
- Comparison of the Inventory Valuations versus the Inventory Balance Report
- Keeping Cost Layers in Sync
- Using 3 different Visual tools to ensure your FIFO Layers are accurate & in balance
- At least 6 sets of queries to look deeper to find potential problems
- The Solutions
- We will go through each of the various queries, audits, checks & balances to show you how to fix these permanently
- We will teach you what tool to use & how. You might need VMFIXOHQ or maybe VMFIXWRK.
- You will learn when to run Recalculate Distributions & when to run FORCE FIFO
You will take away …
- Our comprehensive manual with over over 120 pages full of instructions
- Detailed procedure for updating standard costs
- 5 modified Visual reports to make inventory reconciliations easier
- 3 sets of queries for quick comparison of the General Ledger & Inventory Subledgers
- Flowcharts for problem solving Visual’s audits
- 12 queries you can run to look for balancing problems in your database
- The “one-page wonder” summary matching the various audits with the recommended fixes
- A deeper & more effective working knowledge of how best to maximize the capabilities of your Visual ERP software
After the workshop:
- You’ll continue to benefit from subsequent support for questions or troubleshooting
- Each company will be gifted a personal, 60-minute, one-on-one coaching call with Kim to seek help on any Visual ERP aspect
Who should attend?
Users of any version of Visual’s Enterprise. Specifically:
- CFO’s/ Finance VP’s
- Controllers/Assistant Controllers
- Accounting Managers
- Business Owners
- Others interested in a better understanding of Visual Financials
I am Kim Worrall, Visual Application Specialist and strong believer in the 3 C’s of Visual ERP Enlightenment
Consulting, Courses, and Communication
I go Back To Basics to Transform Visual Users into Visual Enthusers
Learn to love it as much as I do!
Kim likes to share with her monthly Visual ERP Tips & Trips and monthly Blogs on all topics Visual. Her life’s objective is “To help others Love Visual as much as she does”.